Monday 27 May 2013

DADS & GRADS!



Hey there, I know I have been on hiatus with blogging!  We have been busy designing new cards and I was away in Marrakech and Barcelona for a while.  Tough life I lead!

Here's Dave and I at an event in Barcelona:

And riding camels in Morocco.  I have always wanted to ride a camel in the African dessert (definite bucket-list item), but the dessert was a 10 hour drive from where we were staying.  So I figured, until next time at least I am on a camel in Africa.  It doesn't matter that it was a road side tourist trap, does it?

Now, enough about me, let's talk DADS!

FOR THE CAR-LOVING DAD:  I found these the other day and if I get off my arse and get organized, this would be an amazing present for Dave.  I always think that I should be doing something to preserve my kids artwork at the various ages.  This is a stellar way to do so:


You can submit your  Your Child's Artwork and Metalmorphis will shrink it down and transfer it to a Fine Silver Keychain.....Made to Order.  Sweet!

FOR THE OFFICE DAD:  Here is a great usable, recyclable, inexpensive and personal idea from the master, Martha Stewart.  Personalize a cube of sticky notes and tie it with a pen and ribbon.  MS says to rubber band the cube while the kids draw on it so that the papers don't lift up.  Any office supply store would have these cubes on hand.


FOR THE GRILLIN' DAD:  Perfect for your "man of steel" and kind of hilarious!  Available online at Paper Source.


FOR THE ATHLETIC DAD:  Also available from Paper Source is this super awesome dining table ping pong set.  I already ordered one up for Dave (only really because I want it myself!).  I love that it comes with 70's wrist bands!

FOR THE SWEET-TOOTHED DAD:  Celebrate Father's Day with these edible treats!  Amazing!  Recipe and directions here.


FOR EVERY DAD:  I'll admit that handmade cards from the kiddies are the best, but for the grown-ups, send a Flaunt card to your Daddio.  We have lots, here are my faves.

Dad, You're King!  $5.95
Happy Father's Day Fishing Buddies  $5.95


Now, lets talk GRADS!

It's time to celebrate those dedicated nerds in our lives.  I was once one, but sadly didn't attend my commencement.  Instead I opted for a 7 month backpacking trip.  Oops, don't think my parents have ever forgiven me for that one:)

Other than cashola, grads can be very easy to find gifts for.  Just treat it like a birthday or opt for something more momentous like these dandy ideas!

A Little Dr. Suess is always a good call.  Regardless of age, this one is a keeper and should be in every household library.  Available everywhere or a Chapters.



For that graduation party - these are simple and awesome.  Lil' Luna provides all the how to's right here.



For the Lady Grad, I love this bracelet from Etsy.


This would be a cheeky gift for a close friend or family member.  Very clever are those Shirt Dudes!


And voila, the perfect grad card:
Happy Graduation Smarty Pants!  $5.95

Enjoy!
Shannon












No comments:

Post a Comment